A Bitcoin Wallet is a virtual account that holds your Bitcoin. There are a loads of different options and varieties of wallets available online. Below are some of the best Bitcoin wallets to use in 2017.
- Bitcoin Core. Bitcoin Core is one of the most favoured wallets among Bitcoin users as it was developed by Satoshi Nakamoto, the very same pseudo person/persons that created Bitcoin itself.Although relatively simple, Bitcoin Core is considered to be the safest Bitcoin wallet as its features and security settings are updated frequently.
- Armory. Armory is the most exciting Bitcoin wallet as it has the most features by a long shot. This wallet has loads of options and is perfect for someone who enjoys working with applications. There are 3 different user types and the option of a graphical keyboard that enhances the security aspect.
- Blockchain Wallet. Blockchain Wallet is by far the most well known wallet out there and is still set to be popular in 2017. One of the biggest draws that Blockchain Wallet has is that it supports offline transactions. Because it is the biggest name in the business, it has become a bit of a target for hackers. Blockchain Wallet is aware of this issue and is continuously updating their safety and security
- Electrum. Electrum is known for being a good storage wallet, it also allows you to have multiple wallets while still using the same seed. They have a strong and reliable mobile app that uses a ‘root public key’.
- Multibit. Multibit is a great choice of a Bitcoin wallet if you are after quick transaction speeds. Multibit can offer you this unrivalled speed as it makes use software that directly connects you to the Bitcoin network.
- Mycelium. Mycelium is known in the industry for being the best mobile Bitcoin wallet available and makes doing online transactions from your phone just that much easier. This may be the wallet to watch out for as more and more people opt for mobile transactions on the go.
When choosing a Bitcoin wallet it is best to opt for that it is credible and has good reviews as there are wallets out there that don’t meet safety and security standards. You would not want to lose any of your hard earned Bitcoins just for choosing the wrong software.